Bunnings Agreement 2020

The Bunnings Agreement 2020: What It Means for Workers and the Hardware Giant

Bunnings Warehouse is one of Australia`s largest retailers, with over 300 stores across the country. The hardware giant is known for its wide range of products, from DIY tools and gardening equipment to home decor and appliances. In 2020, the company signed a new agreement with its employees, called the Bunnings Agreement 2020. This article will explore the details of this agreement and what it means for Bunnings workers and customers.

What is the Bunnings Agreement 2020?

The Bunnings Agreement 2020 is a new enterprise agreement made between Bunnings and its employees. The agreement sets out the terms and conditions of employment for Bunnings team members, including pay rates, working hours, and entitlements. The agreement was negotiated by Bunnings and representatives from the Shop, Distributive and Allied Employees Association (SDA), which is the union that represents Bunnings workers.

What are the key features of the Bunnings Agreement 2020?

The Bunnings Agreement 2020 includes a number of key features that benefit Bunnings workers. Firstly, it introduces an 18-month pay rise for all employees, which will be implemented in two stages. The first stage was a 2.5% pay increase that came into effect in October 2020, with a further 2.5% increase to come in October 2021. This means that Bunnings employees will receive a total pay rise of 5% over the 18-month period.

In addition to the pay rise, the Bunnings Agreement 2020 includes a new system for calculating overtime pay. Under the agreement, employees will be entitled to time and a half for the first two hours of overtime worked each week, and double time for all additional overtime hours. This is a significant improvement on the previous system, which only paid time and a half for all overtime hours.

The agreement also includes improvements to penalty rates for working on weekends and public holidays. Bunnings employees will now receive a 150% loading for working on Saturdays (up from 125%) and a 225% loading for working on Sundays and public holidays (up from 200%).

What does the Bunnings Agreement 2020 mean for Bunnings customers?

The Bunnings Agreement 2020 is good news for Bunnings employees, as it improves their pay and conditions. However, some customers may be concerned that these improvements could lead to higher prices or reduced services. It`s worth noting that Bunnings is a profitable company, and the cost of the pay rises and other improvements is likely to be absorbed by the company rather than passed on to customers.

In fact, the Bunnings Agreement 2020 could have some positive implications for customers. By improving the pay and conditions of its workers, Bunnings is likely to improve staff retention and reduce staff turnover. This could lead to better customer service, as experienced and knowledgeable staff are more likely to be available to assist customers.


The Bunnings Agreement 2020 is an important development for Bunnings employees and customers. The improvements in pay, overtime rates, and penalty rates are likely to benefit workers and improve staff retention. Customers can expect to see the same great products and services that Bunnings is known for, with the added benefit of more experienced and knowledgeable staff. Overall, the Bunnings Agreement 2020 is a positive step for the company and its employees, and is a sign that Bunnings is committed to providing the best possible workplace for its staff.

scroll to top